Rolling into Tuesday means rolling into a false-Friday; an early close and a day off to celebrate the fourth of the July.
I have several random things and thoughts that I figured I’d share.
1. This article is dabomb.com. Mainly because a) I fall into the busy trap and b) I also think that if I wrote 4-5 hours a day, that would be enough of my contribution to the world. Obviously not everyone can live that life, but I say why not strive?
2. In an effort to simmer it down, tonight I had a no-cook dinner (I put together a salad) after forty five minutes of serious yoga, and nearly caught up on my Bunheads. The show was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino, who also created Gilmore Girls. So far, Kelly Bishop has wooed me, as has Sutton Foster, and I can’t wait to see what’s coming up.
3. Jeff, Ellen, and I are running this 5k in September. Our eight week training starts next week, and since I haven’t run really this year, we’re starting from scratch. Wish us luck.
4. We got a new Ork poster, and now have three in our house (one of Michigan, too!)
5. Today is my parent’s 29th wedding anniversary (happy day, mom + dad!) Here is the video we made for their 25th Anniversary.
Up this week: 4th of July spiral hot dogs, friends, pools, polenta, maybe a cake or two.
What are you up to for the fourth?